Featured Post

How I came to writing

Like most authors, I've been fascinated by books since an early age. Because my parents were working (yes, I had a very modern mummy, ...

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Proofreading

I don't know if I already mentioned that next to being a teacher and a writer, I also do proofreading for my publisher?

Well, it's an interesting job (although you don't earn a lot by it). The main purpose of proofreading is to check if everything is alright.  Sometimes punctuation is forgotten, or the author uses 'that' way too much.

Of course, when going through a manuscript, you hope the novel is some good. Most of the works I've proofread were ok, but right now, I'm working on a book that is just ... boring!!!

For starters, it's 267 pages long. I'm now at page 107 and still don't know exactly what it's about. In my honest opinion I think this won't sell. When you write about the military, you expect action from page one.

But here... The author goes on and on about guns, missiles, history, ....  I have to make extra-strong coffee to avoid falling asleep while reading.

Yeah, that's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment