Featured Post

How I came to writing

Like most authors, I've been fascinated by books since an early age. Because my parents were working (yes, I had a very modern mummy, ...

Friday, May 20, 2016

Change of plan

Some time ago, I mentioned I thought of starting a new novel, named 'The House'. Well, I've changed my mind.

Actually, it's more than due I write the second instalment of The Medici Diamonds. For a long time, I really had no clue how to begin with Part Two. Originally, I thought of placing it somewhere around the middle of the 18th century, partly in France, Scotland, England and America. But that story could not have a happy ending, and I so dislike this in a novel!!! Because I knew the second one could not become the same great story of the first part, I just kept it off for a long time.

But now I've finally seen the light! I just skip this episode with the French countess, and work instead with her granddaughter. Now the story will begin during the Reign of Terror in late 18th century France. Much more adventure and action!

The book I wanted to write could be Part Three of the trilogy. It can remain gothic, but the red thread will be - once more - the priceless string of diamonds which once belonged to Maria De Medici.

I've made a start with the opening chapter of the new "Diamonds" book. I hope I can keep to it and the writing goes well enough. I'll keep you informed!

And for those who haven't got a clue:


No comments:

Post a Comment