Featured Post

How I came to writing

Like most authors, I've been fascinated by books since an early age. Because my parents were working (yes, I had a very modern mummy, ...

Friday, May 16, 2014

Review 2: The Gold Crucifix

August 2012: Bookmaven623


This was an excellent historical romance. I really enjoyed the independence of the characters and how they dealt with the situations they were put into. I loved Richard and Sarah’s love story and how it did take them to the new world. I was saddened with the whole relationship with Richard’s brother. I almost felt like he was used when he was dying. I know that’s not what the author meant but it just kinda felt like Sarah was in a bad position and she used the Earl of Linfield to get security. The incorporation of Drury lane and the players was excellent. Also, the illustration of King Charles’ activities and how amorous and varied his affections could be were very historically accurate and made for a nice addition to the story. How all that fits in you will have to read the book to find out. You will love Sarah and Richard no doubt. I would definitely recommend this book and any other historical romance by Ms. Fleming.

No comments:

Post a Comment