Featured Post

How I came to writing

Like most authors, I've been fascinated by books since an early age. Because my parents were working (yes, I had a very modern mummy, ...

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Love reading: The One That Got Away (Simon Wood)

Some time ago, I saw a message on Twitter, about a new book from author Simon Wood. I bought the book instantly - and I have not regretted my doing so!

The One That Got Away is a book you can't put down.

Zoë and Holli are friends who take a trip to Vegas after their exams at Uni. But then something happens... The two girls are taken by The Tally Man. However, the guy is a bit careless. While he's busy torturing Holli, Zoë has the means to escape.

The problem is, she doesn't remember exactly what happened because she was drugged. The also feels a lot of guilt about leaving Holli in the grip of the killer.

Fifteen months later, Zoë is a changed person. She sees a psychiatrist and takes self-defense classes. She learns how to deal with her PTSD. She has created a new life for herself in San Francisco.

And then a body is found, killed the same way as Holli was...



This novel keeps you in its grip until you turned the last page. It's one of the best thrillers I have read lately, so I can certainly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment